1¼ cups crushed corn flakes
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons green onions, green parts only
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup egg substitute
4 ounces haddock fillets (or other white fish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Combine corn flakes, cheese, green onions and pepper on a plate. Grate lemon peel; stir into corn flake mixture. Reserve the lemon. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl.
Dip fish fillets into egg substitute, then into corn flake mixture; coat well on both sides. Place coated fillets on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cut reserve lemon into wedges; garnish fish with lemon wedge. Makes 4 servings.
¼ cup lite ranch dressing
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon lime peel
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 halibut fillets
2 teaspoons sodium-free Southwest seasoning
4 whole-grain rolls, split
4 slices tomato
4 lettuce leaves
- Stir together the ranch dressing, cilantro and lime peel; set aside.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Heat up the grill. Drizzle lime juice over fish; season with Southwest seasoning. Place on grill; close lid. Cook 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Place each piece of fish on split roll. Top each with ranch dressing mixture, tomato slice and lettuce. Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 4 (18-inch long) heavy duty foil sheets on counter-top. Put 1 cup washed fresh baby spinach on the foil. Place a piece of haddock or other white fish on the spinach.
- In small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Drizzle over the fish, dividing between the 4 packets.
- Sprinkle each packet with 1 chopped shallot and freshly ground black pepper. Top each with halved grape tomatoes.
- Fold up the edges of the foil to make tightly-enclosed packets. Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve packets on a plate. Carefully open the packet for the steam to escape.
- Makes 4 servings
1 cup dry instant brown rice
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 (15-ounce) can drained, rinsed black beans
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1½ tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. peeled raw shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- Cook rice with turmeric according to directions on package. No need to add salt or fat.
- In a large bowl stir together black beans, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray. Add shrimp. Cook 4 minutes or until opaque in the center. Stir frequently. Add the bean mixture. Stir and cook 1 minute to heat.
- Place cooked rice on serving platter. Spoon shrimp-bean mixture over the rice. Serve with lemon slices. Makes 4-5 servings.