- In food processor blend: 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed, drained black beans, ½ cup mild picante sauce, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, 1 medium peeled garlic clove and ½ teaspoon ground cumin. Place creamy mixture in a 9-inch pie plate, spreading it out evenly on the bottom.
- Add these toppings in the following order: spread black bean mixture with 1 (12-ounce) container fat-free sour cream, then 1 peeled, seeded and diced avocado, 1 medium, seeded and diced fresh tomato, 1 (2.25-ounce) can drained, sliced ripe olives, and then finely sprinkle the top with fresh lime juice.
- Use fresh vegetables for dipping: squash chunks, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and bell pepper chunks.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, stir together 8 cups whole-grain wheat, multi-grain or bran chex cereal, ½ cup soy nuts and ½ cup slivered almonds (or other nuts).
- In small saucepan stir together over low heat, 2 tablespoons no-trans-fat soft tub margarine, 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, ½ teaspoon ground ginger and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Drizzle over the cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread cereal mixture on baking sheets in single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake additional 15 minutes. Pour into container to cool. Stir in 1 cup of raisins or other desired dried fruit.