vegetable cooking spray
6 cups sliced frozen, thawed peaches
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup fat-free milk
2 tablespoons no-trans-fat soft tub margarine
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
reduced-fat ice cream (optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Filling: In bowl stir together peaches and lemon juice. In small bowl stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add to peach mixture, stir to combine and then pour evenly into the pie plate.
- Topping: Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder. In small bowl stir together milk, egg and margarine. Add the liquids to the flour mixture. Stir to combine but do not over mix.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons on top of the pie filling. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the cobbler. Bake for 30 minutes or until the peach filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of reduced-fat ice cream. Makes 8 servings.