Martha Jefferson Neuroscience Center now open!
Chicken Kabobs with Lemon-Yogurt Sauce
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Cut 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
- In medium bowl stir together 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Let sit and marinate for at least 10 minutes at room temperature. Add 16 small mushrooms and toss to coat, after 10 minutes.
- Alternately thread chicken pieces, mushrooms and 16 large cherry tomatoes onto 8 metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
- Place kabobs on oiled grid. Grill over medium-high heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Turn the kabobs and heat for another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with yogurt sauce. Recipe Source: Diabetic Cooking magazine, 2012.
- Yogurt Sauce: Stir together ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves and 1 minced garlic clove.