Father’s Day is this weekend, and we have the opportunity to celebrate our dads, who are so important in our lives. And perhaps we need a few health reminders for the guys since 22% are smokers, 34% are obese, and 32% have high blood pressure. Leading causes of death: #1 Heart disease and #2 cancer.
Guys, a few health reminders:
- Get regular check-ups with your doctor.
- Check your cholesterol (Goal: <200).
- Check your blood pressure (Goal: 120/80).
- Check your blood glucose (Goal: 70-99 fasting).
Guys, stay healthy to reduce chronic disease risk:
- Be active: 2½ hours/week
- Wear helmets
- Use sunscreen
- Wear seatbelt
- Avoid smoking
Guys, be a healthy role model for your kids:
- Eat breakfast with them.
- Enjoy a wide variety of foods so that they can do the same.
- Drink lots of water.
- Have a healthy relationship with your family
- Manage daily stressors
- Find a balance between work, home and play. Happy Father’s Day to you!!