Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl whisk together 1 cup whole wheat flour, ¾ cup all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and ½ teaspoon baking soda. Place 2/3 cup dry ingredients in each of 2 small bowls.
- To one portion of the flour mixture, add 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk and ¾ cup frozen blueberries. Stir just until blended; spoon into 12 prepared muffin cups.
- To the second portion, add 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk, 1 small mashed ripe banana and ¼ teaspoon vanilla. Stir just until blended; spoon into 12 more prepared muffin cups.
- To the final flour portion, add 1/3 cup non fat buttermilk, 1/3 cup natural applesauce, 2 tablespoons raisins and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Stir just until blended; spoon into the remaining 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 minutes or until lightly browned and wooded toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks.
Makes 36 mini muffins.