Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10×8-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Evenly spread 2 cups gluten-free corn chips on the bottom of the baking dish.
Make the white chili:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large saucepan. Add 1 small diced yellow onion and sauté until slightly tender. Add 1 pound ground turkey breast, breaking it up into small pieces. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 (14.5-ounce) cans drained, rinsed pinto or navy beans, 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 (4-ounce) can rinsed green chiles, ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon dried cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Stir together.
- Add 3 (14.5-ounce) cans gluten-free, reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or in the slow cooker all day on LOW heat.
Assemble the pie:
- Evenly spread the white chili over the corn chips in the baking dish. Stir together 1 (14.5-ounce) can rinsed and drained pinto beans and 1 teaspoon gluten-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning. Spread evenly over the chili. Pour 1 cup gluten-free salsa over the pinto beans. Top with 1 cup shredded reduce-fat cheddar or Mexican cheese blend, and then top with 2 cups gluten-free corn chips slightly crushed on the top. Bake in hot oven for 25 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly. Serve piping hot.
Makes 6 servings.