Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 1½ -quart baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook 2 cups multi-grain macaroni in boiling water according to package directions. Drain in colander and set aside.
- In a large saucepan whisk together 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 2 teaspoons prepared mustard and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add in ½ cup fat-free milk and whisk together.
- Turn up the heat to medium, and add in 1 cup fat-free milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup reduced fat grated cheddar cheese. Stir in 2 egg whites. Add cooked macaroni to cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Stir together 2 tablespoons panko or unseasoned bread crumbs, ¼ teaspoon paprika and 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the macaroni.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly and slightly brown.
- Let casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.