- Wash and trim 2 lb. baby asparagus, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Place in steamer basket and steam over boiling water in saucepan for 6 minutes.
- Remove steamer and rinse asparagus with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place in large serving bowl.
- Add 3 sliced green onions, 1 small diced green pepper, 2 T. sweet pickle relish and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Toss together.
- In small bowl, whisk ¼ cup olive oil, 3 T. fresh lemon juice, 1 T. diced onion, 2 T. minced fresh parsley and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over asparagus and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 8 servings.