- Cut 4 dry-packed sun-dried tomato halves into small pieces. Place in medium bowl and pour in ½ cup boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Drain, discarding the liquid. Return tomatoes to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Spread 2 cups fresh, frozen or no-salt-added canned whole-kernel corn (drained) on the foil in a single layer. Sprinkle the corn with ½ teaspoon chili powder.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat without stirring for 2 minutes, or until the edges of the corn kernels are golden brown. Watch carefully to be sure the corn does not burn.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and 2 thinly sliced green onions to the tomatoes.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon grated lime zest, 2 T. fresh lime juice, 2 T. snipped fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Stir ingredients together to thoroughly mix. Serve on red-leaf lettuce leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: American Heart Association Light & Easy Recipes.