- In a large mixing bowl stir together 1¼ cups fat-free buttermilk and ½ cup dry oats to soften the oats.
- Stir in 2 mashed bananas (1 cup), 2 large slightly-beaten eggs or ½ cup egg substitutes and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1½ cups pancake mix (not the complete type) and combine gently; there will still be lumps.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook to brown the bottom and until bubbles show on the surface.
- Flip pancakes to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with fresh sliced bananas and maple syrup, sugar-free syrup or all-fruit spread.
Makes 9 pancakes.