Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl pour ½ cup boiling water over ½ cup dry oats. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add ¼ cup molasses, ¾ cup mashed ripe banana, ½ cup sugar, 1 large egg or ¼ cup egg substitute, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl whisk together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Add the flour mixture to the banana-oatmeal batter and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until bread has browned.
- Test by inserting a wooden toothpick in the center; it should come out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan and then remove from the pan.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Once bread has cooled, wrap on plastic wrap.
Makes 16 slices.