Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 10 muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray.
- Drain thoroughly the liquid from 2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Pour the reserved pineapple juice into a 1 cup measure; add water to make 1 cup if necessary.
- Place crushed pineapple in small bowl.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat banana muffin mix and ¼ cup wheat germ. Add pineapple juice and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Spoon crushed pineapple evenly onto the top of the muffin batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until light brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins and cool on wire rack.
Makes 10 muffins.