Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8×14-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl stir together 3 mashed very-ripe bananas, 4 egg whites (or 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitutes), ¼ cup nonfat buttermilk, and 2 T. canola oil. Set this aside.
- In another larger mixing bowl whisk together 1½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup old-fashioned uncooked oats, ½ cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir well but do not over mix.
- Stir in 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 16 servings.