Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Remove 12 reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese sticks from their individual wrappings.
- In a small bowl whisk 1 egg until foamy. In a small nonstick skillet stir together 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 8 tablespoons panko (Japanese) bread crumbs.
- Place over medium heat and cook until bread crumbs are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Dip one cheese stick in egg until coated, and then in the toasted bread crumbs, coating completely. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining string cheese sticks and place about 1 ½ inches apart on baking sheet.
- Spray the coated cheese sticks with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove and serve warm with marinara sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe Source: www.nationaldairycouncil.org