Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixing bowl beat together ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar substitute-for-baking, ¼ cup no- trans-fat margarine and ¼ cup egg substitutes.
- Add ½ cup skim milk or buttermilk and beat additional 1 minute.
- In small mixing bowl stir together 1½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir together.
- Stir in ½ cup golden raisins and 1 cup diced apples.
- Coat a 9×9-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Peel and core 1 medium apple; slice into thin slices.
- Place apple slices on batter, pressing them lightly into the batter.
- Sprinkle the top lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Makes 9 pieces.