vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
2 cups white whole wheat flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitutes
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup fat-free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in medium bowl; mix well. Beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Spoon scant tablespoonful batter into each prepare muffin cup.
- Bake 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 2 minutes.
- Working one at a time, dip each doughnut into the cinnamon-sugar mixture; turning to coat evenly. Return to wire racks; let stand until set. Serve warm or cool completely.