Crispy Chocolate-Rice Cereal Treats
vegetable cooking spray
1½ cups sliced almonds, toasted
6 cups brown rice crispy cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
¼ cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Toast almonds: spread in single layer in large heavy
skillet. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir
2. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with
nonstick cooking spray.
3. In large bowl combine rice cereal and almonds; set aside.
large saucepan combine corn syrup, almond butter, brown sugar, cocoa and salt.
Cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and just
begins to boil at the surface. Remove
5. Immediately add cereal mixture to liquids in saucepan,
stirring to combine. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Press firmly into prepared
6. Let stand 1 hour or until set before cutting into bars. Makes 24 bars.