2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced onion
1 (16-ounce) package whole mushrooms, quartered
1½ teaspoons minced garlic, divided
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup frozen green peas
¼ cup all-purpose flour
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
¼ cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon light margarine (no trans fats)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes to soften. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add carrots, celery and peas; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add broth, salt and dried rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30-35 minute or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, potatoes in medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minute or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Beat potatoes, milk, margarine, remaining ¼ teaspoon garlic and pepper in medium bowl with electric mixer at low speed until smooth.
- Preheat broiler. Pour vegetable mixture into 2-quart casserole. Gently spread mashed potatoes over top. Broil 5 minutes or until light golden brown. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Makes 6 servings.