- 1 egg, beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed with strings removed, and cut into ½ -inch pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg; as the egg sets, stir to scramble. When completely set, remove to a plate.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray again. Add peas, celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until celery is crisp-tender.
- Add rice, black pepper and broth. Cook, mixing occasionally, for 1½ minutes or until rice is hot.
- Add cilantro and egg; mix gently. Makes 4 servings.