Tuscan White Bean Salad on Crostini
- In a large bowl toss together 2 (16-ounce) cans drained and rinsed cannellini beans, 1½ cups diced plum tomatoes, ½ cup chopped sweet onion, ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 minced garlic and 1 teaspoon dried oregano; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and whisk in ¼ cup cider vinegar.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings
- Slice 2 loaves of deli-style multi-grain bread (French, Italian, etc.) into thin slices.
- Toast under a broiler and then serve warm with bean salad as the topper.