Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Note: This recipe requires 1 hour of baking time, so pop into the oven as soon as you get up in the morning.The night before:
In the morning:
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut 8 slices whole-grain bread into cubes and place in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top easily with shredded reduced-fat cheese.
- In nonstick skillet, brown crumbled turkey sausage; place on paper towels and rain. Sprinkle evenly over the bread.
- In mixing bowl beat together 4 eggs. Add 2½ cups skim milk and 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard. Pour the egg-milk over the bread-sausage. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make 4-6 servings.
- Blend together 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup and ½ cup skim milk. Pour over the casserole. Bake for 60 minutes and puffy. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting.