Makes 8 servings
- Coat a large soup kettle with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add 1 lb. ground turkey breast; brown over medium-high heat until brown.
- Remove the turkey and wipe out any grease from the kettle with a paper towel.
- Coat the kettle again with cooking spray and 1 finely diced green bell pepper and 1 finely diced medium onion. Cook together for a few minutes until softened.
- Add turkey breast back to the kettle and stir together.
- Stir in 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, 2 (15.5-ounce) cans drained kidney beans, ½ cup mild salsa, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 2 T. chili powder (more or less to taste), and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook gently for 15 minutes.