Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet.
- Add 1 cup chopped onions and cook until soft. Add 1 cup chopped red pepper, ¼ cup chopped green onions, 2 teaspoons minced garlic and 4 cups whole kernel corn (rinsed canned or frozen). You can also add minced and seeded jalapeno pepper, if desired.
- In small bowl combine ¾ cup light or fat-free mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese and ½ cup shredded Colby cheese.
- Stir into the corn mixture and pour into casserole dish that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Top with shredded low-fat cheese.
- Bake in hot oven until bubbly, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or chunks of whole wheat pita pockets.