1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into ¾ -inch chunks
¾ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into short, thin strips
1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Press tofu cubes between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, lime juice and curry powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook, turning cubes often, 10 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove to place; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to same skillet; increase heat to high.
- Add broccoli, bell peppers and onions; stir fry about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in tofu and coconut milk mixture; cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Serve over brown or wild rice.
- Makes 4 servings. Recipe from Diabetic Cooking, Summer 2013.