It’s the Fall. There’s a nip in the air and many of us are enjoying football games over the weekends. And that means tailgating! Healthy ideas.....Tailgating, protein foods for the grill:
Make-ahead one-dish tailgating ideas
- veggie burger (how about NoBull), ground turkey breast burgers,
- smoked turkey hotdogs, boneless skinless chicken breast,
- pork tenderloin
- marinated shrimp
Feature locally fresh apples at the tailgating party
- meatless or turkey chili hearty soups or stews,
- pasta or potato salad,
- baked potatoes with topping
- vegetarian baked beans. Gosh, I’m getting hungry!
- apple crisp or cobbler,
- apple pie, apple bread or
- apple cake. Vegetable oil can replace some of the butter in recipes, too.
It helps to plan ahead, have foods that are pretty easy to eat, wrapped and packed for simplicity. And be sure to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold for the safety of all who are there.