Stuffed Acorn Squash with Black Beans
Ingredients1 (2-lb.) acorn squash, quartered, seeded, skin pierced with fork1½ ounces pine nutsvegetable cooking spray1 cup chopped onion1 medium red bell pepper, chopped1 teaspoon ground cinnamon¼ teaspoon ground allspice1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained¼ cup raisins2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheeseDirections
- Place ½ cup water in 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Place squash skin side up in pan. Cover with plastic wrap Microwave on HIGH 12 minutes or until tender.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pine nuts. Cook and stir 1 minute or until lightly browned. Remove to plate.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add onions and peppers. Coat vegetables with cooking spray. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Add cinnamon and allspice. Cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Add beans and raisins. Gradually add ½ cup water. Stir. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Remove squash to serving platter. Spoon bean mixture over each quarter. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Makes 4 servings.