Spinach Lasagna with Whole-Grain Noodles
3 uncooked whole-grain lasagna noodles
5 ounces frozen chopped spinach leaves, thawed and squeezed dry
¾ cup favorite spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
2/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons egg substitute or egg whites
½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to directions on
package. Drain noodles. Run cool water over noodles to slightly cool. Drain on
paper towels and cut in half crosswise, making 6 pieces.
3. Place 2 noodle halves in bottom of 8x8-inch nonstick baking pan.
Spread ¼ cup spaghetti sauce evenly over noodles.
4. In small bowl, stir together egg and cottage
5. Spoon 1/3 cup cottage cheese and ½ of spinach over noodles. Repeat
layers, ending with noodles on top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over all.
6. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until cheese melts and is golden.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let stand 10 minutes to absorb flavors. Makes