Spinach Breakfast Casserole
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Makes 6 wedges.
- In small saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add ½ cup finely chopped onion and 2 teaspoons minced garlic. Sauté gently until onions are tender.
- Thaw 1 (10-ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach; squeeze dry to remove excess moisture.
- In mixing bowl whisk together 8 eggs or 2 cups egg substitutes. Add in onion-garlic mixture, thawed spinach, 1½ cups reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup reduced-fat blue cheese, 2 diced plum tomatoes and 2 T. chopped walnuts. Stir all ingredients together.
- Coat a 1-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour egg-vegetable mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in hot oven for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve in wedges. Garnish with fresh tomato slices and fresh parsley.