Makes 4 wedges.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in nonstick skillet; swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sauté 1 medium chopped onion and 1 teaspoon minced garlic until onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in 4 cups frozen and thawed low-fat hash brown potatoes, 1 medium chopped red bell pepper and ½ cup chopped Canadian bacon. Cook for 1 minute.
- In bowl whisk together ¾ cup egg substitute, 1 large egg and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour over potato mixture, shaking the skillet to distribute the egg mixture evenly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10-13 minutes or until set and cooked through.
- Slip the omelet onto a plate and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before cutting.
Recipe Source: AHA Love Your Heart cookbook.