Makes 6 servings
- Place 4 cups snow peas in steamer basket over boiling water; cover with lid and steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove peas from saucepan and rinse with cold water.
- Drain thoroughly and place in serving bowl.
- Add 1 (8-ounce) can drained, sliced water chestnuts, 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, ½ cup shredded carrots and ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion.
- In shaker bottle, combine 4 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce, 2 T. light olive oil, ½ cup rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger. Shake together.
- Toss salad with dressing and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more before serving.