Makes 6 servings
- In a saucepan sauté 1 medium chopped green pepper and ½ cup chopped onion in 1 T. olive oil. Add 1 (28-ounce) can undrained no-salt-added chopped or diced tomatoes, ½ cup reduced-sodium V-8 juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, ¼ teaspoon paprika and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Stir in 1 (6-ounce) package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix and 1½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil and add in 1 (16-ounce) package frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and shrimp turns pink.
- Serve with hot sauce if desired.