Roasted Red Potatoes Nibbles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Makes 40 potato pieces.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Scrub 20 small red skin potatoes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half crosswise.
- Cut off a thin slice from the bottom of each half so that it can stand upright.
- Scoop pulp from potatoes, leaving a small shell.
- Place pulp in mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing, 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese and 2 T. chopped fresh basil leaves; stir together to mix filling ingredients.
- Spoon filling into the potato shells.
- Place filled potato shells onto baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes or until heated through.