- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add 1 medium eggplant (peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces), 1 large chopped onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1½ teaspoons minced garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 (14½-ounce) can undrained Italian-style diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves and ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Let rest for 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour into an 11x7-inch casserole dish that has not been coated. Sprinkle the top with more shredded cheese.
- Unroll 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough. Arrange over the top of the casserole. Coat the top with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.