Pumpkin Cranberry Bundt Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In bowl whisk together 2½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup whole-wheat flour and 1 2/3 cups cake flour), 2 cups stone ground cornmeal, 2½ teaspoons baking soda, 1¼ teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground allspice and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl whisk together 2 large egg whites, 2 cups packed light or dark brown sugar, 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin puree, 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt, 1/3 cup canola oil and 2 teaspoons grated orange or lemon zest, (optional). Add the dry ingredients to the liquids and blend together just until mixed. Gently stir in 1½ cups dried cranberries to combine but do not over stir.
- Evenly pour the batter into the Bundt pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan and place upright on the rack to cool.
- Dust the top lightly with Confectioners' sugar.