Potato and Cheese Pancakes
Makes 16 small potato pancakes.
- Peel 4 large potatoes; cut into quarters and place in cold water.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil; cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Return potatoes to pan and coarsely mash. Cool.
- Add 1 cup reduced-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese and 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash sodium-free seasoning to the potatoes and mix.
- Form potato mixture into small pancakes.
- If the mixture is slightly crumbly, add egg substitute to hold together.
- Coat nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook pancakes over medium heat until brown; flip and cook for another 5 minutes until brown.