Makes 4 servingsPumpkin Chili
- In a saucepan heat 1 T. olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 chopped medium onion and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Sauté until onion is tender.
- Add 1 cup bottled clam juice. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Add 1 (15½-ounce) can diced tomatoes and 2 peeled, cubed medium white potatoes. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cut 12 oz. fresh cod or other white fish into chunks; add to stew.
- Stir in 4 oz. small scallops or other desired shellfish.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried tarragon and ½ teaspoon white pepper.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
In large pot brown 2 lb. lean ground beef or turkey breast.Drain off any liquid.