Heat oven to 375 degrees.
(To simplify the above, canned apple pie filling can be used instead.)
- Peel, core and cut into quarters 3 medium apples.
- Cut into slices and place in medium saucepan. Stir in 1 T. fresh lemon juice and ½ cup orange juice. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ cup packed brown sugar or 2 T. brown sugar-substitute-for-baking, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Cook for two more minutes.
- Stir 1 T. cornstarch into 2 T. orange juice. Add to apple mixture and bring to a boil. Stir while the mixture thickens.
- Stir in 1/3 cup chopped pecans.
- Cool slightly.
Makes 4 servings.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place 4 8-inch multigrain tortillas on counter top.
- Spoon one-quarter of the apple mixture into the center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch edges.
- Fold each tortilla side over the filling. Before folding the last edge, moisten with water, then fold. The water will hold the tortilla edge in place.
- Repeat for each tortilla.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush the tops with melted no trans fat soft margarine; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer tortillas to baking rack to cool before cutting.