Meatball Subs (for breakfast!)
To make meatballs:Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To make meatball subs
- In a large bowl stir together 1½ lb. ground turkey, 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitutes, 1/3 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, 1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs, 1 small finely chopped yellow onion, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning mix.
- Form into 30-35 small meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and add to spaghetti sauce that is heating up in saucepan on stove.
- Simmer meatballs for 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
- Split mini whole-grain sub rolls or buns in half.
- Place hot meatballs into each roll and top with grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Eat as is or heat in oven to warm the buns.