Lemony Pancakes for Easter Morn
- In large bowl stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, 1 T. sugar or sugar substitute, 1¼ teaspoons baking powder.
- In another bowl combine 1¼ cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese, 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute, ¾ cup skim or 1% milk and the juice and zest 1 medium lemon.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir together, just until moistened. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Spoon ¼ cup batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles form on the top surface. Flip and cook until golden brown.
Serve warm with maple syrup, low-sugar jam, cooked berries or a dusting of confectioner's sugar.