Grilled Peanut Butter Breakfast Sandwiches
Note: Raisins or banana slices can be added on top of the peanut butter.
Makes 4 servings.
- In a bowl stir together 1/3 cup crunchy peanut or almond butter, 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture evenly over 4 slices of whole-grain bread. Top each with another slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- In a bowl whisk together ¼ cup egg substitute and ¼ cup skim milk. Pour into a pie plate.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking oil.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Shake off any excess and then place in the hot skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, turn and cook the other side.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Cut into four sections.