Makes 4-6 servings
- Place 1 lb. fresh whole green beans (trim the ends) into steamer basket over 1-inch boiling water in saucepan. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain well and place in serving dish.
- In mixing bowl whisk together 2 T. olive oil, 2 T. red wine vinegar, 1 T. Dijon mustard, 1 T. fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over green beans.
- Add 1/3 cup chopped red onion, ½ yellow pepper (cut into strips) and 10 halved cherry tomatoes to the salad.
- Toss all ingredients together before serving.