Yield: 36 granola balls
- In food processor combine 3 Tbsp. toasted almonds and ¼ cup quick-cooking rolled oats until fine crumbs. Place into a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl stir together 1½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats, ½ cup finely chopped dried apples, 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots, ½ cup dried, unsweetened blueberries or cranberries, 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds, 2 Tbsp. coconut and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir in ½ cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter) and 3 Tbsp. honey and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture sticks together.
- Using a melon ball scoop form 1-inch balls, roll each ball lightly into the oats-almond crumbles and place in airtight container.
- Place parchment paper or plastic wrap between layers so that the balls do not touch.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.