Making lifestyle changes for better health? There is help! If you have Pre-Diabetes or Diabetes:
- One-on-one nutrition counseling session with a Registered Dietitian or diabetes education with a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Attend Diabetes Education Classes to help learn how to manage your diabetes. YOU are in charge.
- Attend our Ins and Outs of Pre-Diabetes seminar to work on diabetes prevention.
- Attend a monthly Diabetes Support Group session.
- Take advantage of my FREE Diabetes Supermarket Smarts Class at Giant Foods. (434) 654-7009 for more info.
Making lifestyle changes for better health? There is help! If you have Heart issues
- Attend the Food for Thought healthy-heart nutrition class.
- Come to my FREE Heart Healthy Supermarket Smarts class at Giant Foods.
- We teach a Get Cholesterol DOWN seminar monthly.
- How about one-on-one nutrition counseling session with a Registered Dietitian.
- Try out the MJH Heart-to-Heart Support Group meeting. More info. at (434) 654-7009.
Making lifestyle changes for better health? There is help! If you have Weight Management issues
- It can help to meet regularly with a Registered Dietitian to develop a healthy, balanced approach to eating well rather than “dieting”.
- For those who have had bariatric surgery, plan to attend our twice monthly Support Group sessions.
- There are plenty of online resources and support at Wt. Watchers, Spark People, and My Fitness Pal.
- Are you are a member at a gym? Ask about their workout classes geared towards folks working on weight loss.
Other health issues where a Registered Dietitian might be able to offer some guidance with your food choices:
- gastrointestinal (acid reflux, celiac disease, IBS, Crohn’s Disease, gastroparesis)
- allergies such as soy or dairy
- iron deficiency
- eating disorders
Our Nutrition and Diabetes Education Department will get a referral from the MD office. And YOU can call insurance to see if there is coverage. There is more coverage in disease prevention than ever before, so it is worth checking it out.