- Place 1 (6-ounce) can drained tuna fish in large bowl.
- Break up the large chunks.
- Add 1 medium finely chopped carrot, 1 chopped stalk celery, ½ cup reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese cubes, ¼ cup thawed frozen green peas and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pour 1/3 cup reduced-fat or homemade Italian dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Cut 2 whole wheat pita rounds in half and gently open.
- Place Romaine lettuce leaf and fresh tomato slices in each pita half.
- Divide the tuna salad evenly between the 4 halves.
Makes 4 servings.Recipe from May/June 2010 Diabetic Cooking