Makes 8 servings.
- In mixing bowl combine 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat softened cream cheese and 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in 2 T. brown sugar or brown sugar substitute, 1 T. grated lemon peel and ½ teaspoon ground ginger or 1 T. crystallized ginger pieces; combine thoroughly.
- Line a bowl or 3-cup mold with plastic wrap.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- In small bowl stir together ½ cup drained light-packed crushed pineapple and ½ cup sugar-free peach or apricot preserves.
- To serve, unmold the cheese spread and place onto a holiday serving platter.
- Spoon the fruit sauce over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup toasted chopped walnuts.
- Serve cheese spread with fresh fruit slices and crusty whole-grain crackers.