3 cups quick oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup honey
½ cup wheat germ
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups whole grain cereal flakes
½ cup dried blueberries or golden raisins
½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
½ cup dried banana chips or chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread oats and almonds in single layer on 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Combine honey, wheat germ, oil and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Add oats and almonds; toss to coat completely.
- Spread mixture in single layer in baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Break mixture into chunks.
- In large bowl stir together the oat chunks, cereal, blueberries, cranberries and banana chips. Sir in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 20 (½ cup) servings.