Makes 4-6 servings
- Slice off the ends of 1 medium eggplant.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and place on cookie sheet.
- Add 1 medium red onion, cut into pieces. Drizzle the vegetables with 1 T. olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake in hot 425-degree oven for 15 minutes or until just fork-tender.
- Remove and place into serving bowl.
- Add 1 cup cooked multi-grain orzo pasta, 1 T. olive oil, 1 T. balsamic vinegar, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Toss and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill before serving.