Edamame and Navy Bean Salad with Orange-Balsamic Dressing
- Prepare 1½ cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans) according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup fresh orange juice, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cooked edamame, 1(15.5-ounce) can rinsed and drained navy beans, ¼ teaspoon salt (optional) and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until needed, for up to five days.
- At serving time, place salad greens on individual salad plates.
- Top with sliced cucumbers, diced Roma tomatoes, shredded carrots and the bean-edamame salad.
- Pour the dressing evenly between the 4 salads.
Source: Recipes for the Heart
, AHA, February 2010