- Coat a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil and heat.
- Add 3 cups of boneless, skinless chicken strips.
- Sauté for4 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional), ¼ cup finely chopped red onion (optional) and 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves.
- Stir together and simmer, cooking for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add 1/3 cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth; heat thoroughly.
- Cook 1 (8-ounce) package of angel hair pasta according to package; don't add any fat.
- Drain and pour into serving bowl.
- Add chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Add ¼ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese and toss before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings.